Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is your house company ready?

Picture this - it's about 3 PM. You haven't brushed your teeth yet. You're not wearing a bra (ok that's for the ladies). Your legs have about a .5 inch of stubble on them. Your hair is a hot mess. You're scantily clad, not in a good way...and your house is a Stage 5 disaster. Then the doorbell rings. You look around for something, anything, that can shield your guest from seeing your ugly truth as you answer the door. Usually for me it's my daughter - I just pick her up and she makes a nice shield for the upper body at least, lol. As you answer the door you try to stand in the doorway to block the person from seeing the hideous disaster behind the door. This lovely picture I just painted for you is me on any given day. I'm shamefully admitting that many days I just never have a chance to put myself together, let alone the house.

As far as the house goes, I am not trying to be ready for a shin-dig at any given moment. But I would like for it to at least be presentable if an unexpected guest arrives. Dishes put away, toys somewhat organized, random trash or boxes thrown away. I'm hoping with my transformation into domestic divadom that my house will be company ready one day. At least the main part - living room, dining room, kitchen and guest bath. As for me being dressed, well that's a post and goal for another day. Like I said, one thing at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Like the new blog! We're getting ready to put our house on the market, and so it will have to be company-ready at all times...not quite sure how this is supposed to happen with a tween and a baby. I am hoping your blog will help motivate me. :-) Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete