Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 2 Challenge - The bedroom!

Hello to all of my readers! All 4 of you, lol. I have been debating on what to do for my next weekly challenge. But before I get into that, let's recap last week!

Last week's challenge was to have the kitchen spotless before bed each night. I will say I passed with about an 80%. I was doing great up until the weekend rolled around. We had a shower for my sister-in-law Saturday night so towards the end of the week, things got hectic. I pretty much abandoned the kitchen Friday night. It was all beautified for the party Saturday, but then it got wrecked again and I'm just now getting to it tonight. Actually, my husband is getting to it. Yes, he helps in the kitchen. He's awesome like that.

Thoughts on last week. I'm disappointed that I didn't do it 100% BUT I'm not going to let it discourage me and send me flying off the wagon just yet. It was so nice and refreshing to wake up and know I had a nice shiny kitchen to walk into. The dread of "ohhh i have so many dishes to do today" was not even a thought in my mind!! Speaking of waking up, this brings me to this week's challenge - the bedroom!!

The master bedroom is another one of those areas you just have to stay on top of. If you don't, it can go from pretty to pretty horrible in a matter of seconds. The last time I attempted to clean it, my 12 month old was flinging all the socks out of our dresser drawers as I was putting up clothes. A fruitless effort. She's cute but she's not much of a helper just yet! This week I am volunteering for Vacation Bible School in the mornings. When we get home we eat lunch then baby goes down for a nap. HOPEFULLY if she sleeps 2+ hours I can get the bedroom back in shape. It's horrible in there. I call it a Stage 5 disaster zone. Lately the little one has been taking short naps so it honestly all depends on if she can sleep long enough for me. If not, I may just drag the pack'n'play up there for her to play in while I clean....I gotta get it done!!

So this week I will continue with my kitchen chores and add on the bedroom. Hopefully once I get the bedroom clean we can keep it that way - forever!

1 comment: